#GivingTuesdayNow is a new global day of giving and unity that will take place on May 5, 2020 – in addition to the regularly scheduled Dec 1, 2020 #GivingTuesday – as an emergency response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19.
Due to COVID-19 the promising family foundation grants, totaling $15,000, have been relocated to organizations in need of emergency supplies. Although I understand the necessity for realistically reallocating the grant funds I also understand the importance of coming together as a community and supporting small businesses.
That said, today is the official public launch of my iFundWomen crowdfunding campaign. Your donation can support two causes:
1. The final cut of my film, exhibition, and screening presentations. 2. Making it accessible for people with visual and hearing disabilities. I’ve made it mandatory that the venues requesting my art for exhibition, include accessibility as a part of the program.
Here’s a how you can offer your support:
1. Support my campaign on iFundWomen – Your monetary contribution allows me the opportunity to complete the final cut of my film, and make it accessible for audiences with visual and hearing disabilities, with closed captioning and audio description. Here’s the link – https://ifundwomen.com/projects/i-am-more-my-hair-short-film
2. Prefer a tax-deduction? Donate via my fiscal sponsor, Docs In Progress.
3. Not able to make a monetary contribution? Not a problem! Please share my campaign with YOUR community. Need words of inspiration? Feel free to use the wording below when you share.
Director, Alyscia Cunningham, is raising funds for the final cut of her documentary film “I Am More Than My Hair” and making it accessible for viewers with visual and hearing disabilities. Please consider supporting this independent filmmaker on IFundWomen, a startup funding platform for women business owners – https://ifundwomen.com/projects/i-am-more-my-hair-short-film #GivingTuesdayNow #SupportWomen #SupportWomenInFilm #SupportWomenArtists #WomenFilmmakers #Accessibility #FemaleDirector #SupportIndieFilm #IndieFilmmaker #IndieFemaleFilmmaker #Support #donate #Crowdfunding #iFundWomen #IAmMoreThanMyHair #AlysciaCunningham
4. Interested in hosting a private screening… social distancing style? Let’s make it happen — ONLINE! I only ask that your guests commit to making a monetary contribution via iFundWomen or Docs In Progress. Contact me for more info on how to set up a online screening.
Thank you for your continued support!
#FemaleDirector #support #crowdfunding #donate #iFundWomen #SupportIndieFilm #Iammorethanmyhair #IndieFemaleFilmmaker #GivingTuesdayNow #SupportWomen #SupportWomenArtists #IndieFilmmaker #SupportWomenInFilm #movie #Accessibility #WomenFilmmakers #documentary #AlysciaCunningham #film